Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Sephora Birthday Gift 2015

 It is that time of year!  I used to look forward to birthdays when I was a child but you grow up and it is just another day.  But companies does a good job to make you feel special with freebies and promos just for your birthday month/ day.  Sephora, the best friend for all women, gives you a cool birthday give every year and may I say, the somehow seem to manage to top last year's gift year after year!  Last year was a Make up forever lipstick and black eyeliner, and this year it is..... *drumroll*.... NARS velvet matte lip pencils. And not one, but two of them!  And if you are a VIB rouge, they throw in an extra gift with is a "larger then life long-wear eyeliner" in the shade Via Venieto.

Luckily my birthday is in February so I get to enjoy it early hehe.  So this post, I bring you close up pictures and swatches for you curious cats.

 Haha I like how they disguise older as bolder.  I see what you did there Nars, I see you.
 The goodies are all housed in this chic little box.  Come to mama~
 So you get two velvet matte lip pencil in the shades Cruella (a cool toned red shade with blue undertones, matte finish) and Rikugien (a dusty rose pink, satin finish).  For VIB rouge members, you get a Larger than life long wear eyeliner in the shade Via Veneto (a black shade, matte finish).

I personally do really like the Nars lip pencils, but recently also found the Sonia Kashuck ones from Target (named exactly the same, different brand name and only about $8-$9) preform the same and the pigmentation is very smooth and nice.  Sadly they do not have as many colors as NARS, which they carry about 30+ colors I believe so there is definitely something for everyone.

As expected, the NARS lip pencils and eyeliner are super smooth, super pigmented.  Cruella is a true red lip shade, while Rikugein is an everyday shade easily incorporated with a low maintenance make up look. The slight shimmer is not overwhelming and even makes your lips look fuller.

This is not much of a informative post, just swatches for those who are interested in what Sephora birthday gift was and how the colors perform.

Are you excited for your birthday gift?  I'm not sure if they offer it to international customers.  I know they ship to some international countries.  Let me know if they do!  That would be awesome :).  And if anyone that is having a hard time getting some cosmetic brands which they do not ship (ex: Urban decay, Hourglass i believe, etc), I'll be more the happy to be your middle person :).

Hope you enjoy, see you next time!  Hope you have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...