Sunday, November 9, 2014

About me, story of my weird self and obsession with cosmetics

Not sure if you guys know too much about me, so I will do a post about who is behind this keyboard!  I am this mysterious girl called Christina (aka. MMnoob or christinahello on instagram) and I have a problem.  What problem do you ask?  I have a beauty addiction and it has taken over my bathroom and half my bedroom.  If you don't call that an addiction, I don't know what is.

Why do I like cosmetics so much you ask.  Growing up, I was always this girl that appeared very tomboy, and the expression ugly duckling is very true to me.  Just imagine a 5'3 tall asian girl, with super frizzy hair, buck teeth (yes just like a rabbit) who had to go through getting braces, and on top of that I had to wear glasses.  I hated my hair back in the day, so I would always tie it up into a low ponytail, not the high one because that didn't exist in my world back then...

There was no Youtube, no internet dominated world back then, it was just pure simple fun with soccer balls and snack eating.  I used to go out in the field and play soccer every single day with my friends who all happen to be guys because, well the girls were in their little corner in the park talking trash about people behind their back while I was getting knocked out with soccer balls to the face.  Oddly enough, I had a strange fascination towards cosmetics and everything pretty.

I would go home, go into my mother's closet and remembering this one skirt that was completely pleaded and I thought it was the prettiest thing ever!  I would twirl around, and the dress would fly up like Marilyn Monroe.  My sister was two and a half years older then me, so she got to go to an Elementary equivalent of prom and got to wear a pretty long gown with half an inch heels.  I was so jealous and could not wait for my turn!  I use get excited to go home and secretly try on her dress and I felt like an instant princess!  I look back now when I was grade 7 when I had my chance, I looked super mismatched HAHA.  My clothes looked fine, but my appearance did not match.

Then I hit high school,  the super awkward stage.  I knew who I was already and the personality I had, but the appearance didn't match it.  I tried on my first fitted clothing and thought it was the strangest thing ever.  I didn't like it.  But I pushed myself to try it, and my mother was upset because she had to walk around with her daughter looking like a dude. Sorry mom.

Two years after that, I found the first make up video every.  I accidentally stumbled upon a video, a make up video actually and it was Michelle phan's basic foundation tutorial. Here's the link if you want to know what exactly what video I'm talking about. My eyes sparkled, my heart stopped a beat!   That was the age of Youtube make up tutorial, the era had begun!  I kept searching, looking up videos on how to do this and that and even to this day I still do the same every single day.  I do really admire what Michelle Phan has created with what she was given, and became really successful at it too.  That is my dream one day, but not in the make up world.  I want to do a food blog, which is my day time profession haha, but also a beauty blog just for fun.

I think why I like cosmetics now so much is that my mother always discouraged me to dabble in that interest, but the rebel me was like why not! It looks so fun!  I used to do so many crazy looks, but now that I am older, I lost the touch and passion to just sit in my room and just create looks.  I feel like there are plenty already on Youtube.  Maybe one day.

That is my short story of my love for make up.  I have grown up slightly (I'm not that much older haha) and now dabbling more into skincare.  If you couldn't tell already, I'm really into Memebox since they really do provide amazing services for other girls around the world who doesn't have the access to buy Korean cosmetics physically in stores. :).

Thanks for reading this weird story ;).

How did you guys get into liking cosmetics?  I'd love to hear from you guys in the comments down below!

4 comments:

  1. Your story seems strangely familiar.

    The difference is that my reason for blogging is that I simply have no one to talk to about cosmetics and make-up. No one in my real world understands my beauty obsession and they think it's low and vain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me too! I have friends that use make up, but not obsessed with it like me. It's comforting to know that there are people out there just like me and appreciates the time and effort put into blogging and photo taking :). So I guess we are the same!

      Delete
  2. Hey Christina! I've been reading through some of your reviews (I'm sure at the rate I'm going, I'll read through all of them soon) and I just wanted to stop by to tell you that you're doing a really great job. I love the quality of your photos, the authenticity of your writing and the style of your blogs. I can see you put a lot of effort to make your blog the beautiful blog that it is, keep at it girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that really means a lot to me :). Thank you for the very kind comment! I'm glad you enjoy my posts and photos hehe. I'm still learning but hopefully it will get better slowly. Cheers~

      Delete

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...