Monday, August 16, 2010

ELF shimmering facial whip

ELF company claim: "Multipurpose, on-the-go whipped colorant is vitamin B, C and E packed to instantly brighten and sooth skin with no greasy after-feel. "

-multipurpose: eh....sorta?
-no greasy feel afterwards...hmm =S its alright
You can get these for only a $1 at elf cosmetics or if you live in the States, target or sometimes the dollar store. I live in Canada so I have to buy everything online, but they do have it now in Zellers (the priced are not worth it though).
When I made my first purchase from ELF a while back, I was really excited to get the all over color stick but then changed my mind and bought most of the shimmering facial whips. Hoping i could use it as a blush, I was quite disappointed when I got them and played with them.
From left to right: Pink lemonade, Toasted, Citrus, Golden Peach, Lilac Petal
So what these are suppose to be are kinda like luster drops from MAC. You can add some into your foundation for a glowy look, used alone as a highlighter, coloring, you name it. It isn't greasy but when being squeezed out of the tube, there is always glittery water coming out. It is very annoying since everytime you want to use it, you'd have to grab a tissue and squirt a bunch of water before you can actually get to the product.These come in a small plastic squeeze tube with a small, fine tip. The cape itself is quite crappy I must admit, since it sometimes doesn't line up with the tube and fits really weird.
The lettering within a short period of time comes off (when i say short, i mean like in 3 days short). If you can see in the picture, the word "facial" as now become facl. ==" fail....
Swatches (from left to right) :Pink lemonade, Toasted, Citrus, Golden Peach, Lilac Petal
When applied to the face, it seems quite liquid. But when blended into the skin, it dries really quickly and leaves a patch of metallic stuff. The pigmentation is quite nice but the only color that confuses me is Toasted. I was expecting a brown, but it turns out to look like a darkish purple. I have tried to put some in my foundation, but it looks like nothing ==". Bottom line, I am not impressed with this product, even if it did win Allure 2008 awards. The only thing that is sorta good is for adding it into CCO lip tars to not make it look so scary and be able to use them as lip glosses.

Conclusion:
-price: A+
-packaging: C
-product quality: C+
-Overall quality: C+
-Buy again? No

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...